If you’re considering getting the Certiﬁed Scrum Product Owner or CSPO Certiﬁcation, take the leap and go for it. CSPO certiﬁcation gives a valuable boost to your resume if you are looking to advance your career in an Agile environment. So, if you want to know what the CSPO certiﬁcation entails, how to become CSPO certiﬁed and why it will be beneﬁcial for your career, we’re here to help you.
What is the role of a Product Owner?
Before you aim for the CSPO certiﬁcation, it is important to understand what the role of the Product Owner is. This will also help you to understand how the certiﬁcate beneﬁts you.
The responsibilities of the Product Owner include:
- Deﬁning vision
- Providing direction and creating alignment
- Ensuring the economic success of a product
- Managing risk level
- Management of requirements or user stories
- Mediating between customers and stakeholders
- Providing feedback to teams
- Prioritizing tasks
- Deﬁning and Updating the roadmap of a product
- Deﬁning attributes of a product
- Aligning with teams
- Organizing feedback from customers
- Deﬁning constraints and increasing focus
- Accepting and rejecting any work results
What is the CSPO certiﬁcation?
The Certiﬁed Scrum Product Owner certiﬁcation is a certiﬁcation teaching Scrum practices, terminology, and practices for the role of Product Owner. It teaches you all the fundamentals required for the role while also enabling you to take on practical problems that you might face like stakeholder conﬂicts or release planning. The training for CSPO certiﬁcation teaches you how to improve on the value of a product, lead scrum teams and coordinate well with stakeholders. The training for CSPO certiﬁcation also helps you learn how to communicate effectively with both the development team and stakeholders so the ROI of the ﬁnal product can be raised to the maximum level.
PSPO vs CSPO certiﬁcation
You may also be wondering what the differences between CSPO and Professional Scrum Product Owner or PSPO certiﬁcations are. Essentially, both are meant for the role of Product Owner. However, CSPO certiﬁcation is accredited through Scrum Alliance while PSPO certiﬁcation is offered through Scrum.org. The latter never has to be renewed and needs no training course but the CSPO certiﬁcation is renewable after every 2 years and can only be obtained after attending mandatory classroom training. The main
Objective of PSPO certiﬁcation is to help individuals gain a solid understanding of the role of Product Owner so they can maximize the value of software products or systems. CSPO certiﬁcation aims to help you understand how Scrum works and the role of the Product Owner in the Scrum team.
About the CSPO certiﬁcate course
Learning the basics of Scrum is recommended before taking the CSPO course. This can be done by reading the Scrum guide and Agile Manifesto. However, there are no real prerequisites and it can be taken by absolute beginners as well. You can then attend the CSPO course that is taught by Certiﬁed Scrum Trainers. It takes place over 2 days in 8-hour sessions. The course is taught through discussions, exercises, and case studies that help you become an eﬃcient Product Owner. There is no exam for the certiﬁcate and it is awarded based on attendance and performance during the training.
It includes topics like:
- Identifying the needs of users
- Developing product vision using different techniques
- Creating, maintaining, and ordering a Product Backlog
- Managing stakeholders
- Using velocity ranges correctly
- Coordinating with developers
Have Look on it: Certified Scrum Master – The right thing for you?
Beneﬁts of CSPO certiﬁcation for your Career
If you are interested in the business aspect of projects, this is the right course for you. The certiﬁcate gives you a foundation to begin a successful career as a Product Owner. Here is why the CSPO certiﬁcation is worth it:
- High earning potential. The salary of CSPO certiﬁed individuals is quite high compared to counterparts without this certiﬁcate. Certiﬁed professionals are awarded better job roles and a raise that proves the worth of the certiﬁcate. The average salary for CSPO certiﬁed professionals in India is around 18 Lakhs a., while in the US it is around $100,831 p.a.
- Career opportunities. CSPO certiﬁed professionals are always in high demand because of their skills in managing multiple teams or groups, their vision, and how they can manage to direct a product to successful Top companies like EY, Intel, Target, and Siemens hire Certiﬁed Scrum Product Owners. Some of the roles available to a CSPO are Product Owner, Data Analyst, Agile Coach, Senior Product Manager, and Product Manager.
- Global validation. The CSPO certiﬁcate is globally accepted and certiﬁed individuals are in high demand amongst the top companies around the It increases career opportunities for them in all industries that are adopting Agile.
- Concrete knowledge of The course helps you develop a concrete foundation of a Scrum framework. It teaches the foundation of Scrum including values, principles, practices, and the Scrum framework. You gain hands-on Scrum training that will help you learn how to apply the core knowledge in the role of Product Owner. The skills required for product value optimization are taught during the course.
- Stepping stone to advanced certiﬁcations. The CSPO certiﬁcate provides the base for a Product Owner and is an entry-level qualiﬁcation. It acts as a base for further advanced courses on
- Learn how to coordinate with developers and The course enables you to act as a bridge between developers and clients. You will learn how to communicate the needs of your clients better to your development team. It teaches you how to prioritize all the tasks in the Product
Backlog. The training enables you to correctly deﬁne items in the product backlog and manages them. CSPO professionals constantly seek feedback from customers so they can ensure the product is built to meet customer expectations and offers business value.
The CSPO certiﬁcation sets you apart from the crowd in any organization. If you want to lead in the role of Product Owner or Product Manager, it will help you learn the skills required to manage a team, time, and resources for products professionally and effectively. The skills of CSPO certiﬁed individuals make them highly valuable to organizations and they are thus hired with rewarding salaries and beneﬁts too.