Be it growing a business or competing in different dynamic industries, project management is a skill that will inevitably come in handy for you. Project management is the set of skills and techniques required to effectively achieve the objectives of any project, regardless of its size or complexity. A project manager is responsible for completing and delivering the project on time and within budget while taking care of the interests of clients and stakeholders. In a global pool of project managers, a PMP certification sets you apart and equips you with the ability and understanding to undertake and accomplish projects efficiently.
A Project Management Professional is armed with the skills to design and execute projects successfully within any industry. With the new changes in the PMI-PMP certification course to meet the needs of the industry, it has become even more indispensable for project managers to opt for it. The PMI PMP online training now focuses on three new domains of:
- People (42 per cent): learn the soft skills you need to effectively lead a project team.
- Process (56 per cent): understand the technical aspects of successfully managing projects.
- Business Environment (8 per cent): understand the connection between projects and organizational strategy.
PMP training spans the value delivery spectrum, including predictive, agile and hybrid approaches. The PMP certification signifies that you speak and understand the global language of project management and connects you to a community of professionals, organizations and experts worldwide. As a PMP, you can work in virtually any industry, with any methodology and in any location.
Opting for the online PMP certification will validate your expertise as a project manager and provide a myriad of networking opportunities with the best in the industry for you to grow. It is estimated by the Project Management Institute that by 2027. Employers will need to fill nearly 2.2 million new project-oriented roles each year.
For the PMP certification, you need to fulfill certain requirements set by the Project Management Institute. If you hold a four-year degree, you need:
- 35 contact hours of formal PMP®? certification training
- Minimum 36 months of non-overlapping project management experience.
- If you have an associate degree or high school diploma, you need:
- 35 contact hours of formal PMP®? certification training.
- Minimum 60 months of non-overlapping project management experience.
Once you’re sure of your eligibility, you are ready to gain the leadership experience and expertise in any way of working that PMP training provides. The PMP certification exam is a web-based closed book minus external assistance exam, and the attendee must complete the PMP Certification training in order to become Project Management Professional.
The exam fee for PMP certification is:
- Member: US$405.00 or 30,158.73 INR
- Non-member: US$555.00 or 40,300 INR
The overall PMP certification cost in India comes around to 40K and 53K for PMI membership and non-membership respectively.
The process of getting the online PMP Certification can be summed up in six simple steps:
- Fulfill the eligibility criteria: Keep track of your projects and training, recording information like your specific role, responsibilities, and length of projects so that it is convenient for you to apply. The training requirement can be waived if you have a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification.
- Sign up: Sign up at pmi.org and create your professional profile. (Note: This step can be skipped and done later as well. You can move on to the training after step 1.)
- PMP Training: Attend formal PMP®? certification training for 35 Contact Hours.
- Apply Online: Fill the application online within 90 days and submit it. It takes 5 to 6 days for PMI to inform you about acceptance of the application.
- Take the exam: Once your application is accepted, you can pay the fees to move to the final stage. You can then schedule the exam according to your preparedness at the nearest test center.
- Certification Renewal: You will need to renew your PMP certification after three years, after which you need to complete the Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) that can be achieved by earning 60 PDUs for its renewal.
The requisite formal PMP certification training online is provided by Xebia Academy, which is designed to empower the current and future project managers to manage projects efficiently & effectively through the Project Management Life cycle. To enroll for the PMP course, all you need to do is register at the Xebia Academy Global website. After registering for the PMP online training, the institute will send you a confirmation email with practical information.
A globally acclaimed Authorized Training Partner of PMI, Xebia Academy provides intensive training and assistance in PMP® exam application process. The four-day course is taught by trainers who have years of experience in training and who have been practicing project and program management with some of the top organizations across industries.
A formal PMP training makes it easy for you to apply for and ace the PMP certification exam. Making sure you deliver in your career real value in the form enhanced project management skills and greater earning potential.
The PMI PMP certification is one of the most widely recognized certifications in the domain. Not only would you gain an edge in the job industry with an online PMP certification. It would also provide you with an opportunity to join a community with more than a million project management professionals.
The certification opens up new opportunities for you and polishes your leadership and management skills. The project management training online has become imperative for every growth-oriented project manager in the highly-demanding marketplace.
Project Management Professionals are sought after by virtually every industry, including health, construction, information technology (IT), and business. PMP training is sure to transform your workforce, optimize the performance of your team, and execute projects masterfully.
With the PMP certification training, you would earn 25 per cent more on average than those without the certification on the same level as you. This is your chance to supercharge your career and capitalize on the ever-growing demands across industries.